Sunday, July 27, 2008

PIONEER DAY'S 2008

My family are getting on me for not putting up a blog for days (or weeks as it may be)!! Well nothing much goes on here so I have not done any blogging. A week or so ago Kristen and her family came bye and we were sitting out in the driveway on our chairs enjoying a quiet summer evening. Spencer saw all the neighbors out for a walk and stopping for a chat. He remarked that it reminded him of MAYBERRY USA (Andy Griffin Show on TV). Well it is kinda Mayberry like!!! But we enjoy it. So that is the reason I don't blog much there is not much going on here in Mayberry USA.

We did go down to SF for the Pioneer Day's Parade. Saw all the John Deere Tractors in all of Utah going bye in the parade. Also the big excitement of the day was the National Guard tank that ran over the front end of a SF Police Car!. Wow excitement.... I could hardly stand it. Anyway we had some good food and family visiting to make it a big event in OUR lives.

From Mayberry we send you all our love and prayers.

Gr. and Gr Bob

P.S. Last night we went to the Tabernacle Choir Pioneer Days Concert with the Osmond family as the guests. It was very good and was far too much excitement for Andy and Gr. Griffith as we stayed out until 10 p.m. Wow!!!

3 comments:

Jana said...

AAhh... the good life! I dream of being able to just sit on the front porch! Rachel said that you made her watch your parade - that of the neighbors walking their dogs past your house every evening for a couple of hours, you kind of threw her with that kind of excitement! What she doesn't realize is that when I was little and you would sit out on the front porch swing, it was my favorite time of the day to be with you, dad! And when mom would finally finish whatever she was busy doing, she would join us and bring us a popscicle or a dish or ice cream and that would be the end of the perfect day! I think we all need a front porch!

Shari said...

All you need is a Barney Fife in your life to spice it up. (I can think of a few that would fit the bill.) Sounds like Barney was driving the tank. Good thing he didn't fire off a warning shot. I hate being gone on the 24th of July.

Anonymous said...

Very clever blog, nice to read from you again! Rest assured the Heathen will be back to rock your world soon and then you can reminisce about your quiet summer evenings as you are all dancing on the coffee table while watching Nemo. Ok, well, hopefully Heath will be the only one on the coffee table.

I'm glad you live where you do, if you were still at the old house you'd be right in the middle of the 'hood. You fit much better in Mayberry.

Btw, I like your glasses poem. I actually laughed out loud (LOL). I am going to take my glasses off at home more often. :D

See you soon. Love, Kris